Monday, September 21, 2009

It's Hard Out Here for a Michael Casey

If anyone has ever tried to market themselves, or, their craft, as an item of interest, it pays to know exactly what is going on out there in the world of the internet. You would want to know what others are doing that is in the same style you do, in my case this is magic. How is what you do different, or in some cases, the same? What is your style? Going even more so into how all that is apparently tied to your name, and how it is, in turn, tied to what you do is called 'branding'...or something like that. So me, Michael Casey...Magic Mike...Magician Michael Casey, I need to know what these things mean. I need to know how they appear to others. I need to find out if others see me as I see myself.

Often times I seek to see the product of all of this, in the most self-stalkery way, of googling oneself. I sometimes find articles that people posted, or pictures that people posted. It's kind of nice that one's name, can actually 'get out there' on the interwebs. Well, for a while I thought I could possibly be one of a few Michael Casey's out there. Come to find out, there are some famous authors, surgeons, and designers all with the moniker of 'Michael Casey'. All this brings me to a very interesting article, written by one Michael Casey (not me) on this very funny and very humbling endeavor. Please give it a read, as it's pretty hilarious!

http://www.chesafterlife.com/whats-in-a-name/

No comments:

Post a Comment