Thursday, November 19, 2009

"I am watching a Drag Queen sing Magic Man..."


"...by Heart, and I immediately thought of you. Wow, that sounds bad. Ha." - text message from M.A. Schwartz

God knows that was one of the funniest messages that I got this past week. Thank, you Matt!

I've been kinda scarce lately due to the volume of private functions and well, the season of the party. This time of the month you have got to spread it thin and ride it out, because typically after this month, it drags quit a bit in the early part of the year.

But what I am thankful for is all the great people I've got to spend time with this month! I think one of the highlights of this month was performing at the Lark & Key Gallery! (see photo) Not only did I get to perform for one of my favorite visual artists of North Carolina, but, I got to spend some time with the lovely Koster family in Charlotte while I was there! Man, do they know how to make someone feel lucky and loved in a city so far from home. As per the close of the shows at the two Lark & Key locations in Charlotte, I went over to the Evening Muse (one of my favorite intimate Charlotte venues) to catch a show with Stephanie's ID and Carrie Ann Hearst. Man, that was one heck of a show! Well, and if you know I was there, and I was having a good time, there was magic involved. I'd tell y'all what happened, but, I'll either leave it to the folks at the groups or the folks in attendance to recap that, you know, just in case I want to show it to you on one of these fine evenings!

When I wasn't performing, or adding to the natural selection of the NC deer population with my automobile, I was attending Troika! Man, Durham...Troika was pretty amazing. You really out did yourself! I went to the Paper, Rock, Scissors art show at the Trotter building in downtown, and after a black tie dinner that night, came back there to see Red Collar's last show of the year. Definitely can say that those folks in Red Collar put on a show of epic proportions that night, which systematically defines one, Jonathan Truesdale, as my hero of the month...drumming the entire set in time, with one arm! Amazing, I tell ya. Amazing. Then off to Triangle Brewery for some more post Troika hanging out, and the people at Triangle Brewery are amazing, and I'll leave it at that. I'm sure there are photos somewhere, right Jordan? ;)

All in all, this year seems to definitely be going out like a tiger, which, if all is holding true, means that next year should deliver even more than this.

You really got me Triangle.

You are the best cities in the land!

XoXo

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment