Tuesday, November 3, 2009

rOCKTOBER. (Yes, that little 'r' is intentional)



Yes, boys and girls...Halloween is over, but let me tell you, October had to be the busiest month on record for me! Not long after the I Was Totally Destroying It show at Cat's Cradle, it's been a whirlwind of magic and travelling. That night/next morning, I was on a plane out to Baltimore, and caught up with my family that I haven't seen or spoken to, in well over 30 years*. Come back, go to Lucero show, Mike Roy and J Roddy Walston & The Business Show, perform at a bank for an entire day, go on WCOMFM.ORG with Jason Kutchma (of Red Collar), Film a Halloween Show with NBC-17, and have a show at Raleigh Times...and all that is only from the 11th to the 19th of October! The times...they are a stayin'.




Signed cards were found inside people's jacket pockets and sealed CD's! You all really inspire me to help take my magic to the next level, and hopefully, you enjoy that. I'm always looking to get better and better...so your input, well, it means something to me. So give it!




If you aren't on facebook, and heard me screaming from the rooftops about this really great Halloween Special we filmed with Ormon Grimsby, Killer Filler, AND you can watch the unedited version of this show by clicking on the name above 'Ormon Grimsby'. I can't help but think of the lyric from Todd Snider, "Just one more thing before I leave for all my friends and my family, Can you tell me when this particular episode, Is gonna be on TV, I'm gonna be on TV!"


I think most importantly the things I learned this month, is that the triangle...well, it's a great place to be a part of. This place has some of the greatest people that you could ever care to meet, and man, do they welcome you with open arms. And by 'Open Arms' I mean hugs and love of epic-Journey-ish porportions. I thank you all who came out to all the shows, or places. I thank you all that supported me, included me, and helped me. It's far too many people to name but it begs, at the very least, mentioning.

I should have written more, but, the magnitude of October numbs my thought tongue. God bless my lovely wife for helping me keep all this stuff straight!
I hope I see you soon!


Michael




*Long story...but, it's an interesting one. Ask me next time you see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment